vCloud Director 9 introduces brand new HTML5 tenant user interface. It currently provides only limited set of operations:
- simplified workflow to create VMs without the need to create vApps
- view and modify (but not create) vApps
- create and configure networks and networking services
- configure multisite organization associations
The legacy (flex) UI is still available and the user can jump to it if needed which is useful especially for Org Administrators.
The new UI can be modified – in the initial release with the following elements:
- Portal name
- Portal color (in RGB HEX format e.g. #EE00EE)
- Portal theme (default/dark)
- Logo (png file of max size 512 KB)
This will expand in the future with tenant granularity, custom themes and custom links, but for now we have only these four elements.
The configuration must be done with new CloudAPI which is JSON based. At the time of writing its documentation has not been yet published.
- Retrieve authentication token with vCloud API or UI
- Use the following call to change logo:
Body: <binary image file>
- Use the following call to change other elements: