Just a quick post to recap my experience with usage of Client Integration Plugin in vCloud Director and its compatibility with current browsers.
Client Integration Plugin (CIP) is needed in vCloud Director 8.20 only for import and export of templates and media images. It is not bundled in vCloud Director binaries anymore, instead the user is redirected to KB article with downloads for particular browser/OS combination.
If you downloaded CIP and you still cannot get through to the catalog download/upload dialog, here are some steps to try:
- Cleanup your installed Client Integration plugins. Reboot your PC and install the one you need.
- Google Chrome seems to be working the best. It requires CIP version 5.6 as opposed to the other browser that need version 6.2.
- The newest Mozilla Firefox needs a tweak. Open URL: about:config and accept loss of warranty ;-). Create new boolean type row by right-clicking in an empty space, name it plugin.load_flash_only and assign value false. Reopen Firefox.
- Alternatively, you can download ESR release of Firefox which works out of the box from here.
- For Internet Explorer 11 you need to enable compatibility mode and add vCloud Director URL to the trusted sites.
- While Edge browser is supported for vCloud Director, it does not support any plugins and will not work with CIP.
Note: VMware is working hard on removing these limitations in the future releases.